Friday, October 14, 2005

Nothing Trivial

I really wish 106th (our local hangout) had that cool trivia game like at BW3's. (The closest thing right now is the boss man and me trying to stump each other with trivia about the 80's music that is perpetually piped in there. Example: The answer is Susanna Hoffs. What's the question?)
Here's some of the junk that's stuck in my head. Note: If a person's memory is finite, I'm so screwed. THIS is the clutter in my brain as opposed to actual, useable info.
(As always, this in lieu of actual entertainment.)
-Stick bugs mate for month at a time! The male latches onto the back of the female, and she goes about her business...for a month. (I'd LOVE to know what all the females are thinking right now...then again, maybe I wouldn't)
- The dot over an "i" is called a tittle (please tell me I'm not the only one that snickers over that word)
- In the 1800's, ketchup was used as medicine
- The terms "upper" and "lower" case for letters comes from where the typesets were stored: capital letters in the top case, little letters in the bottom case
- Scorpions glow under black light (those crazy party animals)
- The first CD? Bruce Springstein's Born in the USA (sorry, somewhere buried in my brain I do know the first movie on DVD, won't come out of it's hiding place though)
-Casey Kasem (we all remember him for his "Long distance dedications...still upset I never got one) was the voice of Shaggy
-Bruce Less was so fast, most of his movies were SLOWED down so people could actually see his moves. Typically the opposite is done.
-Bats always turn left when exiting a cave. Well, the female ones have to ask directions first, but get there eventually (and remember, two wrongs don't make a right...but three lefts do.)
-The first product to have a bar code was Wrigley's gum
Yes folks, that's all of the top of my head. Welcome to my world. So, until 106th gets a trivia game, I'll just have to satisfy myself knowing that I'm probably the only person here who knows Barbie's full name is Barbara Millicent Roberts.
.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home